Thursday 5 July 2007

Could I issue an invoice for contra charges?


The morning doesn't seem too bad, at least the sun was shining.

I dragged myself out of the cosy bed and the routine starts by jumping into the shower, cleaning my face and brushing my teeth. It ends with a cup of extra strong coffee and a fag before I have to carry a laptop which has the weight of a few bricks.

I arrived at the station later than normal, thinking I must have missed the train to Clapham Junction. Bugger !! However, when i arrived at the platform, the train was still there calling at Clapham Junction and London Victoria. That's what it displayed on the train. What a lucky day for me eh ?!

I jumped on the train without thinking twice, in fact just 10 seconds before the door shut.

The door shut and the train was about to leave ! Thank God ! I will be on time for a change!

Suprisingly, the train was emptier than normal considering it was during peak hour. A lady asked me, "Is this train going to Gatwick ?!" I replied 'No?! while looking and reading from the display board. "It is going to Clapham Junction and London Victoria." I said. I must have said it pretty loud, a guy jumped up from his seat and tried to press the button. Too late mister ! I am sorry ,you are going to miss your flight, i am afraid.

I could hear the engine starting to roar and the train left the station. Damnit !!!!! It went the opposite direction ! Both the lady and the man were relieved. It is going to Gatwick ! I made a very sarcastic comment after the lady and I started laughing. 'You got to catch a flight, I am only going to work, you got to win this round'.

So I was on my way to Gatwick! For a change too ! At least it broke the normal day to day routine of heading to Clapham Juntion and Victoria.

About 10 minutes later, an announcement was made informing the passengers that the information displayed on the train was wrong. Thank you very much ! Isn't that a bit too late ?!?!?

On the journey to gatwick, I told the lady i really hope a conductor is going to approach me to check whether i am holding a valid ticket. So i could be 'Mr. Action' exactly like what the lady would have called me if it happened. However, she did offer to explain to the conductor if it happened.

I prepared a script of what to say to the conductor and go through the general order of an arguement if he or she became nasty and issued me with a fine.

On the other hand, i was thinking, I am going to be late to work by about an hour, in theory i wasted an hour doing nothing instead of sitting in front of my laptop and charging my client for £110.

Well, It was partly my fault for not looking at the departure board, it was also partly their fault to have wrong information displayed on the train. Regardless, whether i will be fined, I think it is reasonable to issue an invoice to First Capital to claim for loss of profit.

I think it could be a valid claim.

Why are they allow to issue a penalty for someone who got on the wrong train, whereas I can't charge them for my lost working hour???

What a BIG bully !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when they show the wrong information, we should all get refunds everytime they get something wrong. They'd soon sort themselves out then!!!