Friday 27 July 2007

The Zahir



It has been a long time since I last read a book. I probably blame the buzzing life style, which leaves me little time to myself. As much as I would like to keep up with everything surrounding me, my body doesn't allow me to do so.

My body needs a certain level of stimulant in order to function, like a car needed the petrol in order to run. Unfortunately, my body is nowhere near a machine! He is begging me to slow down.

I finally made the first step. Over the last 5 days apart from the 45 mins to an hour which I spent to sort out some work related documents, I spent most of my evenings sitting by the window in the kitchen reading 'The Zahir: A Novel of Obsession'.

I finally got to p334 last Friday on the way to work. I was rather disappointed with the ending. It would have a different ending, if i were the writer and of course every book that i read would have a different ending if i were the author.

"Veronica Decides To Die" is another book by Paulo Ceolho which I read about 2 years ago, what strucks me the most is that I went through the same process of questioning myself about the meaning of life. Up untill this moment, I still haven't got an answer. however, I believe it changes from time to time as we grow older everyday. The most precious thing in your life today, could mean nothing tomorrow.

If we live like there's no tomorrow, we will soon find out the meaning of life along the path. I once read in somewhere, it says 'To seek the meaning of life is to keep on living'.

No comments: